Moving Forward by Giving Back: An Important Part of the DNA of DMG
The desire to give back has been instilled in each of us ever since we started working for DMG America, a company that started out as a small family business with a big dream and grew to become an internationally renowned manufacturer of innovative dental materials. Under the leadership of our late co-founder Herb Wolfe and his son – and our president – George Wolfe, our family-oriented roots have helped shaped who we are as a company and continue to guide us on our journey in helping others.
As George Wolfe says, “At DMG, we feel blessed to be able to go to work every day to develop truly innovative solutions that help our customers provide oral care to their patients more effectively, efficiently and affordably. We feel doubly blessed that because we’ve been successful in supporting our valued customers, we have the means to also support charitable organizations that are providing badly-needed care to those members of society who otherwise might not have access to it.”
Here are just some of the outstanding charitable organizations that DMG is proud to support:
- Give Kids a Smile, an American Dental Association (ADA) Foundation program that has provided free oral health services to more than 5.5 million underserved children.
- Dental Trade Alliance Foundation (DTAF), which provides academic scholarships and grants to organizations promoting increased access to oral care. George chairs the Foundation’s board.
- Edward B. Shill Foundation, which recognizes, develop and connects health care leadership to innovative, entrepreneurial approaches advancing oral health and its link to overall health. George is on its board.
- Special Smiles, which provides comprehensive oral health care information, including offering free dental screenings and instructions on correct brushing and flossing techniques, to Special Olympics athletes.
- Give Back a Smile, an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Charitable Foundation's (AACDCF) program created to restore the smiles of adult women and men who have suffered dental injuries from a former intimate partner or spouse, family member or due to sexual assault.
- Just Kids Dental, a nonprofit organization whose outreach program provides oral health education to and connects underserved rural children with local dentists to establish a dental home.
- Missions of Mercy, which provides free healthcare, free dental care and free prescription medications to the uninsured, underinsured and those who fall through the cracks of the healthcare system.
- Miracle Corners of the World, whose Oral Health Care Program aims to improve oral health for Tanzanians by building the capacity of oral health professionals in the face of a severe workforce shortage.
- CF Charities, which champions educational and enrichment opportunities for youth by providing them the tools, experience and resources essential for a bright and healthy future. Mr. Wolfe serves on the board of the organization.
- CTC Academy, which provides educational and therapeutic services for students with a diverse array of developmental disabilities at two campuses in New Jersey.
- Project Accessible Oral Health (PAOH), a consortium of dental and medical professionals, corporations, organizations, policymakers, educators and others dedicated to improving access to oral healthcare for the disabled. Many DMG employees donate their time to the organization.
- Daughters of Miriam, a state-of-the-art long-term care and sub-acute care facility providing broad-based services to Jewish seniors in New Jersey.
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity, which offer dentists, oral health professionals and students a welcoming fraternal community that honors the organization’s Judaic heritage, provides opportunities to attain professional excellence and promotes access to oral health care for all.
- Snoop Youth Football League, a non-profit organization founded to provide the opportunity for inner-city Los Angeles children to participate in youth football and cheer. DMG partners with Chithra Durgam, DDS to make mouth guards for special needs team members.
- Office of Concern Food Pantry, which provides food for the poor at St. Cecilia’s Church in Englewood, New Jersey.
- Mary Therese Rose Fund, which helps provide health care to disabled children Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
- Dental Volunteers for Israel, which offers free dental care to Jerusalem’s at-risk children and youth, regardless of race or religion, in concert with volunteer dentists from around the world.
- Berkeley Free Clinic, which provides health care to people in need in Berkeley, California.